When did the organization start offering IEA Accreditation?
The IEA began offering accreditation to teachers and professionals, training programs, and schools in January 2009.
IEA Accreditation serves as a mark of excellence for teachers and professionals, training programs and schools, so that those within and outside of the international Enneagram community have a way of knowing that specific teachers and professionals training programs and schools, have achieved a certain standard of quality in their Enneagram work, and have formally agreed to adhere to the IEA ethical guidelines.
What are the main reasons to participate in the IEA Accreditation program?
- To promote a high international standard of quality for Enneagram teachers and professionals, training programs, and schools through establishing an accreditation that demonstrates the achievement of certain minimum standards of ethical Enneagram work.
- To provide a way to communicate to the public that Accredited Enneagram teachers and professionals, training programs, and schools, meet certain minimum standards and agree to adhere to a defined set of ethical guidelines.
- To reinforce to the public that the IEA is a self-regulating community that maintains a high level of standards worldwide for the teaching and communication of the Enneagram system by its members.
- To support the proliferation of multiple perspectives and ways of using the Enneagram in ethical and respectful ways.
What are the benefits of being IEA Accredited?
- Your training and commitment to ethical conduct have been acknowledged by the IEA on an international level.
- You demonstrate your support for high quality instruction and application of the Enneagram.
- You distinguish yourself from other non-accredited professionals, schools, and training programs.
- You become part of a vibrant, growing, global learning community of recognized professionals.
- You are listed on the IEA website as an IEA Accredited Professional, IEA Accredited Enneagram School, or IEA Accredited Training Program.
What are the IEA Accreditation categories?
IEA Accredited Professional (AP)This level of accreditation indicates advanced knowledge and application of the Enneagram when working within a certain professional field or teaching the Enneagram professionally while adhering to the ethical standards of the IEA.
- If you are an Accredited Professional member and you specify it in your member profile, you can be listed as an IEA Speakers Bureau presenter. This means that you are willing to offer to present Enneagram-related workshops for IEA Affiliates and Chapters at little or no charge, with the Affiliate or Chapter paying your travel and other expenses. In exchange, you benefit from the increased visibility provided on the IEA website with the public, searchable IEA Speakers Bureau that lists all IEA speakers for outside groups, at whatever terms you decide.
IEA Accredited Training Program (ATP)This level of accreditation indicates an Enneagram training program that is designed and delivered from advanced knowledge and application of the Enneagram, by IEA Accredited Professionals, while adhering to the ethical standards of the IEA. This applies to IEA Accredited Professionals who offer training programs that are not necessarily associated with a school or institution.
IEA Accredited Enneagram School (AES)This level of accreditation indicates a school as a professional training institution that offers basic and advanced Enneagram training by IEA Accredited Professionals, while adhering to the ethical standards of the IEA. The school’s Enneagram faculty members must be IEA Accredited Professionals before the school may apply for this level of accreditation.
IEA Accredited with Honor (AH)
This level of accreditation recognizes honored members of the International Enneagram Association, such as founders or others, who have contributed to the Enneagram community in a remarkable or extraordinary way with new knowledge or influential theories. This level of accreditation is only selected and offered by the IEA Accreditation Committee.