IEA Board Letter July 2018 – Building Bridges
Hello! It’s hard to believe, but this year’s IEA Global Conference is right around the corner… in less than 2 weeks. I’m looking forward to being with so many dear friends and colleagues and to have the opportunity to meet many new people who use and teach the Enneagram all over the world.
If you haven’t already registered for the Conference, there’s still time to do so. And there are a lot of reasons to join us in Cincinnati, including the fact that for the first time, conference attendees will receive recordings of all conference sessions free of charge after the Conference. This is a fabulous benefit that ensures you won’t miss anything! Recordings may not be available for purchase in the future, as they have been in the past, so by attending you’re assured to receive them.
Here are some of the great sessions you’ll have access to if you join us in Cincinnati:
- In his keynote address, Peter Block will talk with us about community building. What it takes to create and maintain the communities that we need to do our own inner work and the communities we need to take our work into the world.
- In his End Note address, TJ Dawe, a young actor, playwright, and Enneagram certified teacher, will be talking about how the Enneagram relates to “Star Wars and the Kingdom of Heaven”!
- There will be tracks focusing on Enneagram Basics, the use of the Enneagram in Business, in Societal Change, and for Personal and Spiritual Development.
- This year we’re also introducing Open Conference sessions… informal gatherings where people can discuss common interests related to the Enneagram, including the Enneagram and Veterans, the Enneagram and Age, the Enneagram and Diverse Populations, and an Exploration of Christianity’s Conflicted Relationship with the Enneagram.
- You’ll have the opportunity to hear many of the well-known Enneagram teachers, including Bea Chestnut, Tom Condon, Jessica Dibb, Russ Hudson, Andrea Issacs, Ginger Lapid-Bogda, Helen Palmer, Terry Saracino, Mario Sikora, Jerry Wagner, and many, many more.
- Friday night activities “on the town” will be available to help Conference attendees find friends and activities to explore Cincinnati, including an opera, a baseball game, and much, much more.
- And in addition, the Pre-Conference day will consist of 3 panels exploring:
- How the Enneagram is being used in businesses,
- How the Enneagram is being used worldwide, and
- How diverse populations are using and relating to the Enneagram.
So join us! And reach out to your friends and colleagues and encourage them to join the gathering. To register for the Conference, click here.
And for those of you who are unable to attend the Conference, don’t forget to renew your IEA membership. We will soon be making select past Conference sessions and other materials available, free of charge, only to current members so you won’t want to miss out!
I’ll see you in Cincinnati!!
President of the IEA Board of Directors